Short Opera review
Some time ago I decided to give Opera a try. Here is what I learned.
Good things about Opera:
- It has a good RSS reader, better than the one in Firefox for example.
- Speed Dial: configure it for a bigger screen and you suddenly forget about bookmarks. Definitely better then Firefox’s ‘Bookmark Toolbar’.
- Quite fast rendering.
Bad things about Opera:
- ‘Good’ doesn’t mean ‘perfect’. Opera RSS reader lacks some customizability and restricts the user to have only one feed open at a time.
- Widgets. They totally suck.
- Stability. I know it’s beta, but still…
- External plugins just doesn’t work right. 30% time they hang the whole browser.
I tested on following version/platform:
Java Runtime Environment installed
Opera/9.80 (X11; Linux i686; U; en) Presto/2.2.15 Version/10.00